To become part of a growing business within the Engineering Services team based in Bolton. The overall purpose of this role is to manage the financial and contractual administration of projects carried out by Seddon.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that Seddon SHE and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to at all times;
- Adopt and comply with the Seddon contract procurement and delivery processes into your daily disciplines
- Forecast cash on an accurate and timely basis, ensuring that the cash position of the project is maximised without compromising our contractual arrangements and relationships with either customers or subcontractors & suppliers
- Evaluate CVIs, Architect or EA instructions and subcontractor’s variations
- Raise alarm signals to the Commercial Director when the contract is straying outside the cost and profit parameters. Apply skills to maximise margins in cooperation with the Contracts / Project Manager by keeping cost to a minimum and value to a maximum by all professional legitimate means
- Develop and maintain close relationships with customers, consultants & subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience, improve our company and obtain repeat & negotiated business
- Be able to demonstrate COINS competency for all related QS requirements of sub contract (or material) buying and payment (interim & final)
Have you got what it takes?
- QS Degree
- Good data interrogation skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Experience of management accounts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Commercial contracting experience
- Team player
- Also relevant technical training (as required) can be provided to the successful candidate to progress their career or professional qualification(s).
How to apply?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - quoting job reference - QS/ENG