Skills and Employment Support
There are a number of skills and employment initiatives available in Bolton, and across Greater Manchester that aim to:
- Support employers to grow, have access to and invest in the skills they require for their employees and to support access to future skilled talent pipeline
- Involve employers in actively shaping Greater Manchester’s education and skills system and programmes to support residents into work
- Support employers with recruitment activity to bring their local community into their workforce
- Work with employers to give back to their local community through corporate social responsibility investment and participating in the ‘Bolton Family’
- Work with employers to create job, training and learning opportunities to help prepare our young people to successfully enter the world of work
Business Bolton - Kickstart Grant Funding
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment. Employers of all sizes can apply for funding.
Business Bolton - Employ an Apprentice
Employing an apprentice can be a great addition to your business. It gives you the opportunity to benefit from a supported programme that invests in training employees with the skills set and workplace behaviour right for you!
Greater Manchester Skills for Growth Programme for Employers
The Skills for Growth programme has been designed to fill occupational skills gaps identified from employers, who have continually highlighted that they cannot find the technical skills in Greater Manchester required to support and grow their businesses.
Working Well Early Help
Working Well is a family of services that embody Greater Manchester’s devolved employment and health offer. They have been commissioned to support people who are off sick from work with a physical or mental health issue and are at risk of becoming long term unemployed.